There are so many beautiful local lakes near us in Pagel and we could really do with some mid-week motivation right now, so we’re going to dive right in (see what we did, there?) and talk about our favourite Le Lac Vert in Catus.
Why we love it:
- Less than 30 minute drive from Pagel (about 10 mins and 6 kms), Le Lac Vert is one of our true gems.
- Beautiful and suitable for all ages, this village lake has a gorgeous man-made sandy beach with grass to have a picnic on. The sand is replaced annually and the local Mayors’ office check the water quality regularly, resulting in a hygienic and safe environment.
- In ‘normal’ times, you can swim in the lake and in French heatwaves, this is super relaxing and good for your mind and wellbeing. There’s a play area open all year round and the lake itself is spacious.
- Nature all around, your mind will be at ease and the babies/children will be enjoying themselves too, with a play area open all year round and little café. Cyclists are also welcome around the lake or you can tackle the adventure of the walk! You can also hire a pedalo cheaply, which is fun for all the family.
- Photographers amongst you can get some truly beautiful snaps on this gorgeous day out.
Photo source and for more info, check out this website: https://catus.fr/lac-vert/